TRES LECHES (MILK CAKE)
Makes 1- 9x13 inch cake
Ingredients you will need for the cake and the topping:
-1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour - 2 cups whole milk
-1 teaspoon baking powder - 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
-1/2 cup unsalted butter - 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
-1 cup white sugar - 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
-5 eggs - 1 cup white sugar
-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Sift flour and baking powder together and set aside.
- Cream butter or margarine and the 1 cup sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs and the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract; beat well.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture 2 tablespoons at a time; mix until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Pierce cake several times with a fork.
- Combine the whole milk, condensed milk, and evaporated milk together. Pour over the top of the cooled cake.
- Whip whipping cream, the remaining 1 cup of the sugar, and the remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla together until thick. Spread over the top of cake. Be sure and keep cake refrigerated, enjoy!
Your end result should look something like this:
I hope you find this cake to be as delicious as I do!
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!